Winter is great for hibernation, curling up on the couch and binge watching a series on Netflix but now that Melbourne is out of lockdown, and spring is in the air, that means one thing; Picnic season is here! Pack your hampers, rugs, chairs, drinks, gather your friends and head to a great park and bask in the beautiful sunshine.
Melbourne is home to luscious, green gardens perfect for picnics. Below are a few of our favourite spots to Picnic around our beautiful city.
- Fitzroy Gardens – located at the edge of the CBD in East Melbourne, home to Cooks’ cottage!
- King’s Domain – Bordering the Royal Botanical Garden’s another beautiful spot for your picnics, full of luscious green lawns and perfectly located
- Flagstaff Gardens – One of Melbourne’s oldest parks and now one of the most visited parks!
- Royal Park – perfect for those with furry little friends as well
- Carlton Gardens – enjoy your picnic with the backdrop of the grand Royal Exhibition Building
Here at Picnic Street, we have also made life easier for you and prepared our best Picnic friendly products and given you a choice of four different picnic hampers named after 4 great parks which you too can visit.
We have the Fitzroy Gardens health snack pack, King’s Domain Cheese Platter, Xmas Flagstaff BBQ pack and the Royal Park Snacks Pack. Shop these at Picnic St today, and have it delivered to your door the next day. Not only will you be enjoying great ingredients at the park, but you will also be supporting great Australian brands.