Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere looks a lot different as opposed to the rest of the world. Instead of snow and fireplaces, we have sun and barbeques. If your calendar was looking a little empty most of the year (because of Covid), things are changing. Melbourne is back and bustling with Christmas activities and festivities. Start filling up those calendars with these fun activities to do around town:
- Myer Christmas Windows – It wouldn’t be Christmas in Melbourne without a trip to Bourke St mall to see the iconic Myer windows. Every year is a different theme and now in its 65th year, the nostalgic 2020 display revisits characters from the past 25 years. Open to visit from November 14 to 24 December.
- Christmas Square – Marvel as Fed Square is transformed into Christmas Square, a festive wonderland. Centred in Melbourne’s glittering 16-metre LED Christmas tree, topped by a shiny star. If you and the kids would like a socially distanced photo with the big man in red, as a friendly elf for one. The kids will love this one!
- Christmas Projections – Melbourne’s famous Christmas light projection show returns. Head to Swanston St to see animations light up State Library of Victoria, Melbourne Town Hall and Princes Bridge. There’s also a special thanks to our city’s Covid-19 heroes which will hit you in the feels. See it from 9pm to 11pm, 27 November to 25 December.
- Crown’s ‘Christmas Spectacular’ – Crown Melbourne celebrates Christmas in Crown Towers’ Atrium which lights up once again featuring a brand-new ceiling installation and an amazing animatronic show. The 10 min viewing (which runs every 15 mins) features a medley of Christmas songs we know and love. Open from 16 December to 4 January.
- The District Docklands, Maker’s Market – Visit the Christmas edition of the Maker’s Market at the District Docklands. Enjoy a day out with your family while you also support small local Australian businesses. This open-air market is full of art, craft and artisanal stalls with a Christmas theme. As well as live entertainment. Bring along your pets as well for a nice day out with the family. Open Sunday 20 December, 11am-4pm.
The Christmas season is here, and we too at Picnic St have some great Australian offers just for you. Surprise a friend, bring some goodies home and enjoy the xmas holiday season this year by supporting local Australian businesses. Relax at home as all is conveniently delivered to your door. Shop our Christmas Range of hampers, snacks and foods today https://www.picnicst.com.au/collections/chiristmas