Many of the foods we eat today are high in Vitamin C. We’ve seen lots of discussion that it is an essential part of our diet and also our beauty routine.
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, has many benefits. These include:
- Protecting cells and keeping them healthy
- Maintaining healthy skin, bones, blood vessels and cartilages.
- Produce collagen which is the main component of connective tissue
- Reduce chronic illnesses such as high blood pressure
- Assists with the absorption of iron
- Helps speed the healing process of wounds
- Support the brain
Because our body can’t produce this vitamin on its own, it’s important we incorporate foods into our diet which are high in Vitamin C. The best sources are fresh, organic fruits and vegetables. Some of these foods are:
- Citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruits.
- pomegranate, strawberries, mango, pineapple and kiwi fruit.
- Vegetables; capsicum, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, spinach and Brussel sprouts
This water-soluble vitamin is an immune-boosting, antioxidant powerhouse that promotes great health and youthful, glowing skin. It fights things which can cause inflammation and cellular damage. Antioxidants have benefits which assist in protecting the skin and prevent signs of aging.
Those in the beauty world have now started using Vitamin C serums because of its benefit for the skin. If your consumption of Vitamin C is not being met, you can also take supplements to help.
As you do your grocery shopping online at Picnic Street, do not forget to add to your cart, from our vast range of fresh food options containing, great levels of Vitamin C.